Cheyney Goulding LLP advises on all types of commercial property transactions, including the acquisition and disposal, both freehold and leasehold, of all types of commercial premises (including offices, warehouses, retail units and restaurants), construction and engineering, planning, property finance and landlord and tenant issues.
Our team of commercial property lawyers combines legal and commercial expertise and practical experience with a proactive approach, tailored to our clients’ individual business needs. Our clients include businesses of all sizes (SMEs, national and multi-national companies) operating in a number of industry sectors, including retail and hospitality, IT and communications, storage and distribution and minerals, metals and chemicals, as well as developers, property investment and management companies, charities and trusts.
Our expertise in this area includes:
- Acquisitions and disposals;
- Negotiating and advising on the terms of commercial leases, including repair obligations, break clauses and rent review provisions;
- Lease surrenders, renewals and variations;
- Lease assignments and sub-lettings;
- Commercial and residential landlord and tenant
- Construction and engineering, including construction (JCT) agreements, building contracts, option and pre-emption agreements and construction disputes;
- Planning, including planning applications and appeals, section 106 agreements and unilateral undertakings and regulatory issues;
- Environmental, health and safety and regulatory matters, including contaminated land liability, flooding and drainage issues, asbestos management fire safety and disability discrimination;
- Property finance and investment;
- Property aspects of business acquisitions, disposals and reorganisations;
- Property litigation, including disputes regarding rent review and dilapidation claims.