Cheyney Goulding LLP Solicitors in Guildford
Decisive legal advice by your side

Services > Commercial property > Premises licences

Premises licences

Before you can sell alcohol and provide licensed entertainment as part of your business, you will need to obtain a ‘Premise Licence’. This will contain the hours that your business can operate and use licensable activities. It is used to authorise the sale of alcohol, the provision of regulated entertainment and the sale of hot food or drink.

However, the process of obtaining a Premise Licence can be onerous and take up a lot of your time. Also, being subject to a licence review or having your licence revoked can be devasting. Whether you operate a single site business or have several premises, Cheyney Goulding can offer advice, guidance and take control of any licencing applications. We make the process smoother and less stressful for you.

As a Premises Licence holder, you may wish to extend your licensable hours and activities to host temporary events such as private parties and comedy clubs. The team at Cheyney Goulding will provide guidance on how to issue ‘temporary event notices’ (TENs), which are required if you want to hold an event that is not covered by an existing premises licence.

Send us a message