Every business has to consider the implications of privacy and data protection laws. An area that is becoming increasingly important and increasingly complex.
If you handle personal information (including of customers or employees), you are under strict obligations with how you process data, safeguard it and uphold a data subject’s legal rights. For businesses collecting and controlling data, the scope and complexity of data protection laws are evolving. Failing to comply with data protection laws can have severe financial, commercial and reputational consequences. Therefore, it is crucial that your business gets quality advice to understand and comply with data protection and other applicable laws.
We can help support your business with implementing the right policies, safeguarding measures and legal documentation to ensure compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and data protection issues.
Our solicitors can provide you with advice on a range of data protection and privacy including:
- GDPR and Data Protection Act compliance;
- Drafting privacy policies, cookie notices and other data processing policies;
- Data processor agreements;
- Data protection audits; and
- Advising on data protection or GDPR-related issues involved with commercial contracts and transactions.