We can advise businesses who wish to franchise their business or established franchisors with a current network of franchisees or franchisors looking to sell.
If you are a franchisor and operate with a franchised business model, then protecting the value of your brand and its unique way of working is critical. It is important to ensure that the commercial agreements are clear so that all parties can understand and benefit from being part of the franchise arrangement.
If you are a franchisee, we can advise you on the franchise arrangement as well as on common issues and pitfalls to avoid.
- Advice on franchising – drafting the franchise agreement and any ancillaries that are bespoke to the arrangement such as shareholders agreements, non-disclosure agreements, articles of association, loan documentation.
- Advice on protecting your intellectual property –including trademarks, copyright, know how and procedures.
- Managing and updating existing agreements
- Assisting with franchisee exits and resales
- Getting your franchise ready for sale.
Franchise arrangements often require separate services which we can assist with, such as:
- Property law
- Employment law
- Commercial law
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Breach of confidentiality
- Breach of director’s duties
- Damage to intellectual property